perfsonar-announce - [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 5.0.0 Beta 1 now available

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

[perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 5.0.0 Beta 1 now available

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 5.0.0 Beta 1 now available
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 07:01:20 -0700

All,

The perfSONAR 5.0.0 beta is now available for CentOS 7 users installing via yum. This is just a beta release and and should not be installed on production hosts. Packages for EL8-based OSes, Debian and Ubuntu will be provided prior to final release. This is a major revision (as indicated by the version number bump) so we plan to be in beta through the next few months to get feedback from testers. The largest change is the replacement of the esmond backend with OpenSearch (the Apache-licensed fork of ElasticSearch).

A few important links:

- Release notes here: https://www.perfsonar.net/releasenotes-2022-05-31-5-0-0b1.html

- Information on installing the beta here: https://docs.perfsonar.net/install_rcs.html#testing-centos-bundles-installation

-  Note that on final release, data from esmond will not be migrated. We will be communicating more about this in the coming months with information on the bundles affected and how to disable auto-updates if desired. More details about the upgrade process here: https://docs.perfsonar.net/release_candidates/5.0.0/manage_update.html

- Current set of 5.0.0 docs here: https://docs.perfsonar.net/release_candidates/5.0.0

- GitHub issue tracker to provide feedback: https://github.com/perfsonar/project/issues

We appreciate everyone’s help testing the beta and looking forward to hearing from you. Expect to hear more from us as well as we add additional distributions to the beta and update the software based on feedback.

Thank you,
The perfSONAR Development Team

  • [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 5.0.0 Beta 1 now available, Andrew Lake, 05/31/2022