Subject: perfSONAR Announcements
[perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 4.2.0 available on Monday August 19th
- From: Andrew Lake <>
- To: ,
- Subject: [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 4.2.0 available on Monday August 19th
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 17:48:38 -0700
On Monday August 19th perfSONAR 4.2.0 will be officially released. That means if you are running auto-updates on a supported operating system, you will automatically get this version sometime after Monday. Changes in this version include:
- A new pScheduler disk-to-disk test with support for a GridFTP and curl tool
- pSConfig Web Administrator (PWA) RPMS
- Support for perfSONAR Ansible roles
- Support for task priorities in pScheduler
- End of BWCTL backward compatibility support in pScheduler
Full release notes can be found here: https://www.perfsonar.net/release-notes/version-4-2-0/
The only special note is for anyone running Debian 8 and Ubuntu 14. Support for these versions are discontinued in 4.2.0. Prior to the release you will want to lock you system on to the 4.1 repository until you have a chance to upgrade the operating system. Full instructions can be found here: http://docs.perfsonar.net/release_candidates/4.2.0/install_debian.html#keeping-4-1-x-on-debian-8-and-ubuntu-14 (Note: this applies to less than 1% of our publicly registered instances)
We highly encourage everyone to update, but if you want to prevent auto-updates for any reason, instructions on how to do so can be found here: http://docs.perfsonar.net/release_candidates/4.2.0/manage_update.html#disabling-automatic-updates-for-perfsonar-packages.
Thank you to everyone that helped test, reported bugs and contributed patches. As always, please let us know if you have any questions.
The perfSONAR Development Team
- [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 4.2.0 available on Monday August 19th, Andrew Lake, 08/15/2019
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.