[perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 4.1 beta available for testing
- From: Andrew Lake <>
- To: "" <>
- Subject: [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 4.1 beta available for testing
- Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 06:18:30 -0700
The beta version of perfSONAR 4.1 is now available for testing. Note that this is just the beta version and not a final release, as such it is not recommended you install this on your production hosts. We are primarily looking for people to test out the software and identify any issues prior to the final version being made available.
perfSONAR 4.1 includes a number of changes including:
- A new component called pSConfig to replace the MeshConfig component including a web interface for building configurations
- A new TWAMP tool
- Support for docker containers of the “tools" and “testpoint" bundles
Also note that we are not making 4.1 available on CentOS 6 or Debian 7 (wheezy) since both of these OSes are nearing or at their providers support end of life date. Also, BWCTL is not included by default for fresh installs of 4.1, though it will be left untouched on existing systems. See the release notes for a full list of changes and information on supported software/platforms https://www.perfsonar.net/release-notes/version-4-1-b1/
For documentation related to the release including links to ISOs, information on pSConfig, docker installs and more see http://docs.perfsonar.net/release_candidates/4.1b1/index.html
For instructions on how to install beta software see http://docs.perfsonar.net/release_candidates/4.1b1/install_rcs.html
Finally, for a checklist to help guide you while you test see https://github.com/perfsonar/project/wiki/Toolkit-Testing-Checklist
Please let us know if you have any questions and look forward to your feedback.
The perfSONAR Development team
- [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 4.1 beta available for testing, Andrew Lake, 06/29/2018
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.