Subject: perfSONAR Announcements
[perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR package and ISO updates
- From: Andrew Lake <>
- To: "" <>,
- Subject: [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR package and ISO updates
- Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 07:53:16 -0800
The past couple days we have uploaded a few new Debian packages, RPMs and an ISO to address the following issues reported on the list:
- Uploaded new esmond packages that correct a race condition between cassandra start-up and the esmond set-up scripts. This error led a number of users to reporting their esmond database scripts were not setup correctly when doing a fresh install. If you encountered this error prior to this email you should be able to correct it with a “/usr/lib/perfsonar/scripts/system_environment/configure_esmond —force” command followed by a “systemctl restart httpd”. Note that if you are running the latest esmond RPM you should not need to comment any part of the configure_esmond script as was indicated for the older version of the script in a previous note to the users list.
- Updated Debian packages and RPMs to remove dependency on the perl Net::Ping::External package. This caused issues primarily for Debian installs since the dependency was removed from the main Debian repos recently so installs could not complete. We made a parallel change in the RPMs to keep things consistent. The updated packages are perfsonar-lsregistrationdaemon, perfsonar-lscachedaemon, and all packages starting with perfsonar-toolkit or libperfsonar.
A new FullInstall ISO incorporating all the changes and checksum can be found here: http://downloads.perfsonar.net/toolkit/
Note that no new NetInstall image was required because the NetInstall grabs the latest packages at install time.
All RPMs and Debian packages have been uploaded to their respective repositories, so you should be able to grab though yum, apt-get and/or auto-updates if configured.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
The perfSONAR Development Team
- [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR package and ISO updates, Andrew Lake, 12/20/2017
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.