Subject: perfSONAR Announcements
- From: Sowmya Balasubramanian <>
- To: perfsonar-user <>, perfsonar-announce <>, "" <>
- Subject: [perfsonar-announce] New web100 Kernel available
- Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 12:56:27 -0500
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:ZRAIUhJCLWHYuqsWw9mcpTZWNBhigK39O0sv0rFitYgVK/nxwZ3uMQTl6Ol3ixeRBMOAtKIC1rKempujcFJDyK7JiGoFfp1IWk1NouQttCtkPvS4D1bmJuXhdS0wEZcKflZk+3amLRodQ56mNBWB6kG1uCYfABvkMgx8PKHoAYPIx5Cv2vq84JrVah8NmSGwe5tzKgm7twPcqpNQjId/fOJ50hbTrGBPfe1MgGpuI1WOmR3xrpOo8YRt6CNWsuhk/shGVrj8dKkQVbFCAi8hNWkvosvmqU+HBUGX62ESSWIQmwANDwXb4RX9Rprrmir8qudn3iSGZ4v7Qa1+EWC64r1lUxjugT1COzMn/WXQksFqpKNdvB+7oRFjmcjZbJzDZ9RkeaaIRtQFQHtIFuxYUyVaH4mmZo4GCesIO64MtI7iokoHhRalQw+hGLW8mXdzmnbq0PhigKwaGgbc0Vl4Eg==
New web100 kernel packages are now available for users of the perfSONAR toolkit on CentOS 6. You may run 'yum update' to grab the new kernel. You should restart your host after the upgrade completes.
Full details on this particular patch can be found in the previous email.
NOTE: The perfSONAR project will not be applying the web100 patch to any kernels released after October 17, 2017. This patch is only for CentOS 6 as the web100 patch is not compatible with the kernel released for CentOS 7.
The perfSONAR Team
On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 5:36 PM, Sowmya Balasubramanian <> wrote:
All;A new kernel has been released for CentOS 6. The CVE with details can be found below:****This affects toolkits that are running perfSONAR 3.x version. If you are running perfSONAR 4.0, you can ignore this message. *******If you are running a CentOS 6 kernel, 'yum update' may give you a new non-web100 kernel and therefore break access to NDT/NPAD.If you are in doubt about your kernel, feel free to review the CVE, upgrade to the latest version, and forgo NDT/NPAD support for the time being. We are in the process of building and testing a new kernel, and will alert you when we have our web100 patched version available. We'll try to have it ready as soon as possible.NOTE: The perfSONAR project will not be applying the web100 patch to any kernels released after October 17, 2017. This patch is only for CentOS 6 as the web100 patch is not compatible with the kernel released for CentOS 7.Thank you for your patience,The perfSONAR Team
- [perfsonar-announce] New web100 Kernel available, Sowmya Balasubramanian, 06/30/2017
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.