perfsonar-announce - [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR UI 1.7.0 release

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

[perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR UI 1.7.0 release

  • From: Rade Martinović <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>, <>, <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR UI 1.7.0 release
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 19:04:49 +0200

Hello all,

On behalf of entire team I would like to announce perfSONAR UI version 1.7.0 release!

The new version is deployed on the demo instance: https://psui.geant.net. Anyone having an account with their home organization that is part of eduGAIN can test new features by logging in using “Organizational Login” button.

If you have deployed previous version of psUI or you want to install it yourself we recommended to follow installation and update steps outlined here: http://docs.perfsonar.net/install_psui.html. Direct links to the packages are:

* http://downloads.perfsonar.net/redhat/main/rpms/el6/i386/main/RPMS/perfsonar-ui-web-1.7.0.el6.noarch.rpm  (CentOS 6, RHEL 6)

* http://downloads.perfsonar.net/debian/pool/main/p/perfsonar-ui-web/perfsonar-ui-web_1.7.0_all.deb (Debian 7, Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Debian 8).

Both DEB and RPM repos are already updated with 1.7.0 package and you can update using your usual package manager (yum/apt-get).

The main theme of this release are UI improvements - now archived OWAMP and BWCTL measurements can be displayed in both directions on the same chart. Also included is a new logging panel which logs all user actions in the session. Detailed list is below:

+ Charts now can show reverse OWAMP and BWCTL archived measurements

+ Log panel with history of all actions in the current session (archive and on demand measurement requests)

+ Pop up notification on user actions

+ Blocking pop ups on errors

+ OPPD and iperf3 compatibility

+ removed support for deprectated MDM Lookup Service

+ Bug fixes

                - MPs that had registered URLs with both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses in sLS

                - federated user AuthN with some IdPs

and more.