Subject: perfSONAR Announcements
- From: Sowmya Balasubramanian <>
- To: "" <>, perfsonar-user <>, perfsonar-announce <>
- Subject: [perfsonar-announce] sLS server 2.1 release
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 08:49:10 -0700
perfSONAR team is happy to announce the release of Simple Lookup Service version 2.1. This release affects only those who are running the perfSONAR Lookup Service server. perfSONAR Toolkit users are *not* affected by this release.
The 2.1 release has some important changes:
- sLS has been upgraded to MongoDB's 3.0 API. 3.0 is backwards compatible with MongoDB >= 2.6 as well as 3.x series. We highly recommend you upgrade mongodb server when you upgrade sLS.
- sLS now supports wild-card operation. While this was part of initial API, there was a bug that prevented it from executing correctly. This has been fixed now.
- sLS also fixes a bug related to the registration and renewal of records. If the publisher was turned off, the sLS threw a null pointer exception and refused to register or renew records. This has been fixed now.
- Performance improvements. sLS now introduces timestamps and the DB Clean up operation is based on mongo timestamps rather than the string based timestamps. As a result, deleting expired records is now directly supported by the underlying DB API. This improves performance vastly.
Upgrade instructions can be found here: Upgrading-to-2.1-release
If you run into any issues while upgrading, please send an email to the mailing list and I will be happy to assist you.
- [perfsonar-announce] sLS server 2.1 release, Sowmya Balasubramanian, 04/12/2016
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.