perfsonar-announce - [perfsonar-announce] Check your Toolkit's Administrative Info

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

[perfsonar-announce] Check your Toolkit's Administrative Info

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>, perfsonar-announce <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-announce] Check your Toolkit's Administrative Info
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 07:45:01 -0700

All,

If you are a user of one of the perfSONAR Toolkit packages running 3.5.1.X you should verify your administrative info is still entered.  This is information generally entered through the “Administrative Info” GUI such as organization name, administrator email, location information, etc. Many users have reported that their information was cleared out in the past few days. We were able to identify the problem as an old script that is run during the RPM updates. It proved elusive to our testing as it takes multiple updates of the perfsonar-toolkit-sysenv package to reveal itself since the information would be restored by some migration tasks performed when going from version 3.5.0.X.

Unfortunately, if your information was cleared out it will need to be re-entered via the GUI. We have taken steps to ensure that the data will remain in place after future updates, but we have no way to retrieve the lost information. Alternatively if you have back-ups of the file /etc/perfsonar/lsregistrationdaemon.conf or the file in its old location of /opt/perfsonar_ps/ls_registration_daemon/etc/ls_registration_daemon.conf you may be able to restore those to the former’s location.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
The perfSONAR Development Team

  • [perfsonar-announce] Check your Toolkit's Administrative Info, Andrew Lake, 03/23/2016