Subject: perfSONAR Announcements
[perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 3.5.1 now available!
- From: Andrew Lake <>
- To: perfsonar-user <>, perfsonar-announce <>
- Subject: [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 3.5.1 now available!
- Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 12:56:28 -0500
The final release of perfSONAR 3.5.1 is now available. Some of the major changes in this release include:
- A new web interface for creating and managing your regular tests.
- A normalization of package names, configuration filenames, and supporting file locations between Debian and CentOS/RedHat distributions. This may have implications if you are running configuration management software assuming the old paths so see our full release notes and the page here for more details: http://docs.perfsonar.net/config_files.html
- An upgrade to the esmond measurement archive which introduces some backward incompatibilities for writing data. If you run a central MA or have custom clients that write to esmond, please see the full release notes for details (link given below).
- The perfsonar-tools and perfsonar-testpoint bundles are now available and fully supported on both Debian 7 and Debian 8, including upgrading an existing system from Debian 7 to Debian 8.
- The perfsonar-core and perfsonar-centralmanagement bundles are available as a beta offering for Debian 7 and Debian 8. These include previously unsupported packages such as esmond and MaDDash.
If you are running automatic updates you should get the software in the next 24 hours with no further manual action required. On update, all data should be preserved and no manual restarts/reboots are required (though it may be a good idea to take this opportunity to reboot the host if you haven't done so in awhile to make sure you have the latest kernel). For instructions on obtaining the latest ISO images or performing a new install of one of our package bundles please see http://docs.perfsonar.net/install_options.html
There are numerous other changes and fixes so please see the full release notes here: http://www.perfsonar.net/release-notes/version-3-5-1
Thank you again to all of our release candidate testers for helping us prepare this release. If you encounter any issues please send email to
The perfSONAR Development Team
- [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 3.5.1 now available!, Andrew Lake, 03/03/2016
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.