perfsonar-announce - [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 3.5.1rc1 available for testing

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

[perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 3.5.1rc1 available for testing

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>, perfsonar-announce <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 3.5.1rc1 available for testing
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 09:38:23 -0500

All,

The first release candidate of perfSONAR 3.5.1 is now available for testing. This is NOT a final release and should NOT be used on production systems. At this time we are just seeking testers to help us work toward a final release in the next few weeks. Some of the major changes in this release include:

- A new web interface for creating and managing your regular tests.

- A normalization of package names, configuration filenames, and supporting file locations between Debian and CentOS/RedHat distributions. This may have implications if you are running configuration management software assuming the old paths so see our full release notes and the page here for more details: http://docs.perfsonar.net/release_candidates/3.5.1/config_files.html

- An upgrade to the esmond measurement archive which introduces some backward incompatibilities for writing data. If you run a central MA or have custom clients that write to esmond, please see the full release notes for details (link given below).

The perfsonar-tools and perfsonar-testpoint bundles are now available and fully supported on both Debian 7 and Debian 8, including upgrading an existing system from Debian 7 to Debian 8.

- The perfsonar-core and perfsonar-centralmanagement bundles are available as a beta offering for Debian 7 and Debian 8. These include previously unsupported packages such as esmond and MaDDash.

There are numerous other changes and fixes so please see the full release notes here: http://www.perfsonar.net/release-notes/version-3-5-1-rc1

We will need help testing both new installs and upgrades of our various installation options. In order to install and test the release candidate, you may see the page here for instructions on testing the various installation and upgrade methods: http://docs.perfsonar.net/release_candidates/3.5.1/install_rcs.html

Thank you ahead of time to those that are able to test in one form or another. Your support is crucial to making the final release the best product possible and we look forward to your feedback.

Thank you,
The perfSONAR Development Team

  • [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 3.5.1rc1 available for testing, Andrew Lake, 02/23/2016