Subject: perfSONAR Announcements
[perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR Toolkit 3.5rc2 now available to test!
- From: "Andrew Lake" <>
- To: "perfsonar-user" <>,
- Subject: [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR Toolkit 3.5rc2 now available to test!
- Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 08:04:44 -0700 (PDT)
The second release candidate of the next major revision of perfSONAR is now available for beta testing. Do NOT install this release on your production hosts as it is not a final release and is intended for testing purposes only. We expect a final release in about a month, and this will hopefully by the last release candidate before then (subject to change based on your testing results of course).
For a complete list of features and changes in this release candidate, see http://www.perfsonar.net/
release-notes/version-3-5-rc2. A few highlights of changes from RC1 are:
- Further web interface enhancements: The new web interface is now the main interface found at the /toolkit URL of your web browser. The administrative interface has been converted to the new layout and contains a number of UI enhancements.
- New Puppet Module: A new Puppet module has been added to support larger deployments of hosts. Documentation for this module starts here: http://docs.perfsonar.
- Bug fixes, bug fixes, and more bug fixes: Numerous bug fixes related to multi-homing, lookup service registration, central management and more have been added based on feedback from the first release candidate. If you reported one, please verify it’s fixed and let us know if you find any new ones!
Those are just some of the changes, see the release notes (again at http://www.perfsonar.net/
release-notes/version-3-5-rc2) for further information. The full release notes also contain a link to the previous RC1 release notes that highlight changes since 3.4.2 if you would like to review those as well.
To install the current release candidate do one of the following:
- You may install a completely new Toolkit node by downloading and installing one of the ISO images here: http://downloads.perfsonar.
- To update an existing 3.4.X system run the following:
yum install Internet2-repo-staging
yum clean all
- To update an RC1 host you should not need to take any action. Auto-updates should be on and you should already have the release. You may run “yum update” if you disabled auto-updates for any reason.
In order to help direct your testing, you may find a checklist for Toolkit install here https://github.com/
perfsonar/project/wiki/. For documentation on this release candidate see http://docs.perfsonar.net/3.5rc2/. Toolkit-Testing-Checklist
As always if you have any questions please contact our user mailing list. We appreciate you help in testing this release and look forward to your feedback.
The perfSONAR Team
- [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR Toolkit 3.5rc2 now available to test!, Andrew Lake, 09/02/2015
- [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR Toolkit 3.5rc2 for Debian now available to test!, Antoine Delvaux, 09/10/2015
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.