perfsonar-announce - [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 3.5rc1 available for Debian

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

[perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 3.5rc1 available for Debian

  • From: Antoine Delvaux <>
  • To: perfsonar-announce <>, perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-announce] perfSONAR 3.5rc1 available for Debian
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 00:08:30 +0000

Dear perfSONAR community,

In addition to what was announced bellow we are now also inviting you to beta test the 3.5 Release Candidate 1 on Debian or Ubuntu systems.  Do NOT install this release on your production hosts as it is not a final release and is intended for testing purposes only. We expect a final release sometime this fall.

For the 3.5 release, and thus for this rc1, we only provide perfSONAR packages for the perfSONAR TestPoint bundle.  We’ll officially support Debian 7 Wheezy, Ubuntu 12 Precise and Ubuntu 14 Trusty.

You can find detailed installation instructions at http://docs.perfsonar.net/3.5rc1/install_debian

Any feedback in testing these new installation options will be very appreciated.  The support is provided through the regular and well known perfSONAR support channels.

Thank you,

The perfSONAR Team.