perfsonar-announce - [perfsonar-announce] Python client for Lookup Service

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

[perfsonar-announce] Python client for Lookup Service

  • From: Sowmya Balasubramanian <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>, perfsonar-announce <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-announce] Python client for Lookup Service
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 12:09:33 -0700

Hi All,

We have a new Python client for sLS. Currently, the client supports only queries to the sLS and not registration or renewals.

Additionally, the sLS client comes with two wrapper functions:
  1. find_ps_ma - a command line script that returns a list of MAs that have test results for given host.
  2. sls_dig -  a script that is similar to "dig" tool. It retrieves information about a host registered in the sLS
It can be installed via easy_install
easy_install sls-client

The sls_dig and find_ps_ma scripts are located in /usr/bin/.

To run sls_dig just, run
sls_dig <host-name>

To run find_ps_ma, run
find_ps_ma -n <host-name>

find_ps_ma -n nettest.lbl.gov

The sls_dig is especially useful if you debugging some problem and want to do a quick lookup on a host registered in the lookup-service.

We will be very happy to hear your suggestions and comments to improve the tool.

Thanks,
Sowmya

  • [perfsonar-announce] Python client for Lookup Service, Sowmya Balasubramanian, 06/12/2015