perfsonar-announce - perfSONAR 3.4.2rc1 available for testing

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

perfSONAR 3.4.2rc1 available for testing

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: perfsonar-announce <>, "<>" <>
  • Subject: perfSONAR 3.4.2rc1 available for testing
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 15:09:50 -0500

All,

The first release candidate of the perfSONAR Toolkit 3.4.2 is now available for testing. Note that this is NOT a production version of the code and should NOT be put on production machines. This version is intended to gather feedback from testers that we will use toward developing a final release at a later date. This is primarily a bug fix release so changes consist mostly of fixes and minor feature enhancements. See http://www.perfsonar.net/en/release-notes/version-3-4-2rc1/ for a list of changes.

Currently you may test both a fresh install or an update from a previous version. You may test a fresh install by downloading the appropriate NetInstall ISO from http://software.internet2.edu/pSPT-3.4.2rc1/. Currently there is no Full Install image available but we plan to provide one at a later date.

If you want to test an upgrade of an existing host, you will need to run the commands below to point at our testing yum repository:

wget http://software.internet2.edu/branches/3.4.2/rpms/el6/x86_64/RPMS.main/Internet2-repo-0.5-6.noarch.rpm
yum localinstall Internet2-repo-0.5-6.noarch.rpm
yum clean all
yum update
reboot

A checklist of things to look for while testing can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/perfsonar-ps/wiki/PerformanceToolkitTestingChecklist

Your feedback is crucial in developing a successful final release and look forward to hearing from you. As always we appreciate the community's willingness to test and thank you ahead of time

Thank you,
The perfSONAR Development Team

  • perfSONAR 3.4.2rc1 available for testing, Andrew Lake, 02/23/2015