perfsonar-announce - RedHat CVE and New CentOS Kernel

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

RedHat CVE and New CentOS Kernel

  • From: Michael Johnson <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: RedHat CVE and New CentOS Kernel
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 10:10:29 -0500

All;

Last night marked the release of a new Red Hat CVE:

Upstream details at: https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2014-1843.html

If you are a NetInstall user, a 'yum update' may give you a new non-web100
kernel and therefore break access to NDT/NPAD. Consult our FAQ for more info:
http://www.perfsonar.net/about/faq/#Q25

Our read of the CVE does not find any issue of concern specific to the
toolkit. It's possible the host may be vulnerable to some types of DoS
attacks in some particular cases. If you are in doubt about your kernel, feel
free to review the CVE, upgrade to the latest version, and forgo NDT/NPAD
support for the time being. We are in the process of building and testing a
new kernel, and will alert you when we have our web100 patched version
available. We'll try to have it ready as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience,
The perfSONAR Team

--
Michael Johnson