perfsonar-announce - 3.4rc2 users and yum update

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

3.4rc2 users and yum update

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: perfsonar-user <>, perfsonar-announce <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: 3.4rc2 users and yum update
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:54:47 -0400

Hi,

Just a notice to beta testers of 3.4rc2, if you run 'yum update' you will likely break you measurement archive due to a RPM conflict caused by a new package that CentOS added to their software collections (SCL) yum repository a couple days ago. Note that this only affects the current release candidate and does NOT affect any of the current production versions of of the perfSONAR Toolkit. Users running versions 3.3.2 and older can ignore this email.

For 3.4rc2 users, it is recommended before any future updates you run the following command:

yum remove centos-release-SCL

If you have run yum update in the last 48 hours and your MA is already broken send me an email and I can help you restore it. I will send a reminder about this when we release rc3. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, and thanks as always to our testers for being early adopters and helping us sort through these kinds of issues!

Thanks,
Andy

  • 3.4rc2 users and yum update, Andrew Lake, 08/27/2014