perfsonar-announce - Re: pS Performance Toolkit 3.2 End of Life (EOL)

Subject: perfSONAR Announcements

Re: pS Performance Toolkit 3.2 End of Life (EOL)

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: perfsonar-announce <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: pS Performance Toolkit 3.2 End of Life (EOL)
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 08:47:46 -0400

Greetings;

The perfSONAR project has finalized the end of life steps for all 3.2
versions of the pS Performance Toolkit. As of today, March 28th 2014, this
product will not be supported and we strongly encourage all users to migrate
to the 3.3 release series immediately. Note that CentOS packages will
continue to be updated by upstream sources, but perfSONAR specific packages
will not be available, including web100 patched kernels and build-specific
updates to the measurement tools.

For individuals who would like to have access to the existing RPMs, the
project has created a "vault" containing the last builds of project software:

http://software.internet2.edu/vault/

The Internet2 repository software (versions 0.2-9 and above for version 3.2
users) contains directives to enable this feature. The repository package
can be found in these locations, or will be updated for existing installation
via YUM:

http://software.internet2.edu/rpms/el5/x86_64/main/RPMS/Internet2-repo-0.2-9.noarch.rpm

http://software.internet2.edu/rpms/el5/i386/main/RPMS/Internet2-repo-0.2-9.noarch.rpm

Once enabled, the vault will allow existing toolkit builds to access the old
RPMs. However, it will not allow someone to install a fresh instance from a
netinstall ISO. To enable this repo:

1) Edit the "/etc/yum.repos.d/Internet2-Vault.repo" file and change "enabled
= 0" to "enabled = 1" for both repositories listed in this file

2) Run 'yum update' to update the cache of packages

Thanks, and please relay any questions you might have;

The pS Performance Toolkit Development Team

On Mar 3, 2014, at 9:17 AM, Jason Zurawski