performingarts - I2 Broadcast test

Subject: Performing Arts Advisory

I2 Broadcast test

  • From: "Feghali, Jose" <>
  • To: "" <>, Research Channel Working Group <>
  • Subject: I2 Broadcast test
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:07:20 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Dear all,

We have a test going with a lecture by Dr. Bill Moore right now on both MCast and web.  Would appreciate some feedback especially on the mcast feed (there are some artifacts as the light in the hall is low). I have noticed some odd behavior with VLC (latest version, 1.11) - (at least it appears to be with VLC so far but could be something else). I can't play this stream on a Windows7 x64 or Linux box, but can on Windows7 32. Haven't done all the tests yet but would appreciate if you could let me know if you are/aren't able to get his stream with VLC (or anything else), and which program version/OS you are using.

mcast=  udp://233.73.103.128:1234

wcast= mms://broadcast.tcu.edu/liveconcerts

Lecture starts now at 2:00 PM Central and ends around 4:00 PM.

Many thanks,

Jose Feghali

TCU School of Music

  • I2 Broadcast test, Feghali, Jose, 09/22/2011