performingarts - Summer Update

Subject: Performing Arts Advisory

Summer Update

  • From: Ann Doyle <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Summer Update
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 14:17:35 -0400

Greetings!  I hope all of you are having a great summer and enjoying time off.  Before September is upon us, I want to fill you in on some changes and positive news.

A group of dedicated individuals from Internet2 member institutions spent months drafting the new Internet2 Strategic Plan.  At our Spring Member Meeting last April, many of you took time to attend the open sessions to add your thoughts and comments. There were subsequent revisions and on July 8, the Internet2 Board voted to adopt the new plan:  http://www.internet2.edu/strategicplanning/    I will host a call this September and also devote time during our Fall Member Meeting in New Orleans to seek your perspective on areas of the Strategic Plan that relate to your interests, challenges, and dreams.   It is important that our communities actively participate in the process of shaping our Internet2 consortium for the future.

Also, all new advisory councils have been formed to guide the community toward the goals outlined in the strategic plan.  I have spoken with the chairs of the Applications, Middleware and Services Advisory Council (AMSAC) about ways for our application community to engage with AMSAC and I plan to speak with chairs of the other councils where our efforts align.  AMSAC recently had an opening of an appointed seat and I have learned that based on his stellar work on the Campus Expectations Task Force, the IDEA Awards Committee, and many other accolades, the chairs invited Tom Knab to join AMSAC.  I am thrilled to know this council will benefit from Tom's perspective and knowledge of our community.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and we'll plan to talk in September.   Best Regards.   --  Ann

--
Ann Doyle, Arts & Humanities Initiatives
Internet2

office: +1 734-352-7011

Internet2 Workshops
Hands On. Brains On.