Subject: Performing Arts Advisory
- From: Ann Doyle <>
- To: , ,
- Subject: Call for Participation
- Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 09:37:12 -0400
Dear colleague -- Given your past interest and involvement in Internet2 Arts & Humanities Initiatives, I thought the following Call for Participation from the Philadelphia Orchestra may be of interest. If you have questions about the project, feel free to contact Tish Hurley, Director of IT for the Philadelphia Orchestra, at . All best. -- Ann Doyle
BE ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF MUSIC PRESENTATION WITH THE PHILADELPHIA ORCHESTRA!
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
The Philadelphia Orchestra is seeking to partner with ten institutions in the final pilot phase of a new initiative to multicast live orchestral concerts. This high-profile program utilizes cutting-edge technologies to reach audiences on college campuses and other institutions connected to the Internet2 network. In addition to testing the technology for high-definition video transmission, partners will be asked to participate in market research. See below for application information.
Selected sites participate in multicasts on September 25 (7:30 PM EDT) and October 12 (1:30 PM EDT).
September 25 Multicast
The multicast on September 25 is a live concert transmission, not open to the general public. The multicast may be viewed by site administrators only at each participating school.
October 12 Multicast
The multicast on October 12 is a live concert transmission that will be open to a general audience at each participating school. The concert multicasts are provided free of charge to the partnering organizations.
To apply for participation in this pilot program, please visit: https://tickets.philorch.org/internet2/i2participation.aspx
For technical requirements and additional information, please visit: http://www.philorch.org/internet2
Beginning January, 2008, The Orchestra presents a series of six concert multicasts to the Internet2 community.
To receive the latest news regarding this program, please join the mailing list: https://tickets.philorch.org/internet2/i2register.aspx
ABOUT THE INITIATIVE
The Philadelphia Orchestra plans an innovative program of live concert distribution over Internet2. This groundbreaking program brings one of the worlds greatest Orchestras to audiences around the globe LIVE and INTERACTIVE.
The Philadelphia Orchestras Global Concert Series provides the structure for an arts partnership that includes:
- Interactive components at
every concert and potential collaboration among venues
- Music education and appreciation for students at all levels
- Dynamic, low cost, high quality content for campus presentations -
- from small venues to larger performing arts halls
- Inter-departmental appeal with potential to integrate Philadelphia Orchestra programs into curriculum
- A powerful tool to bring the local community to your venue for engaging, entertaining, and informative concerts by the world-renowned Philadelphia Orchestra, live from Philadelphias Verizon Hall at The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
office: +1 734-352-7011
- Call for Participation, Ann Doyle, 08/24/2007
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.