performingarts - Call for participation

Subject: Performing Arts Advisory

Call for participation

  • From: Ann Doyle <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Greg Palmer MAGPI <>
  • Subject: Call for participation
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:19:18 -0500

Hello all  --   The following call for participation is from Greg Palmer, Director of MAGPI.   We discussed this during the Performing Arts Advisory Group meeting at the Internet2 Fall Member Meeting and I'm passing this on more formally here.    I've cc'd Greg here.   If you have questions, feel free to follow up directly with him.    Best regards   -- Ann

MAGPI would like to collaborate with the academic community for a test performance by The Philadelphia Orchestra.  MAGPI has been working with them on virtual performances using a variety of formats, primarily DVTS.  They would like to broadcast their Sunday afternoon performance across the Internet2 and Geant2 networks from their normal concert hall at the Kimmel Center in Philadelphia on April 29th, (Sunday), at 2 pm Eastern Standard Time.  Preferably, we would like 4-5 locations in the U.S. and 1-2 sites in Europe.  We will use DVTS with multicast.

http://www.philorch.org/styles/poa02e/www/index2.html
The Philadelphia Orchestra
Christoph Eschenbach,  conductor
Julia Fischer,  violin

Verizon Hall
[]
Symphonie fantastique

BEETHOVEN  Violin Concerto
BERLIOZ  Symphonie fantastique

Best regards,
Greg Palmer
MAGPI Executive Director
University of Pennsylvania
215-898-0918
http://www.magpi.net

--
Ann Doyle, Arts & Humanities Initiatives
Internet2

office: +1 734-352-7011

Wishing you an inspired and innovative 2007.
http://www.internet2.edu/greetings/newyears2007/

  • Call for participation, Ann Doyle, 01/24/2007