performingarts - Performing Arts Advisory Group Meeting

Subject: Performing Arts Advisory

Performing Arts Advisory Group Meeting

  • From: Ann Doyle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Performing Arts Advisory Group Meeting
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:58:06 -0500

Hello all  --  I look forward to seeing many of you in Chicago next week for the Internet2 Fall Member Meeting, where we celebrate Internet2's 10 year anniversary!   Chicago is expecting clear skies for our travel convenience and, having just been downtown for a Thanksgiving visit, Michigan Avenue is truly spectacular and ready for December visitors.

Below is our Performing Arts Advisory Group meeting location and agenda.  We have been allotted a lunch meeting time so,  instead of our usual cheese and crackers, we'll enjoy a full lunch offering.

Finally, to help you navigate the wealth of activities at our Member Meetings, I have compiled the following list of sessions I believe may be of interest to you.    http://events.internet2.edu/2006/fall-mm/arts_FMMsessions.pdf

All best.    -- Ann

Internet2 Performing Arts Advisory Group Meeting
When: Wednesday Dec 6, 2006.  11:45 AM - 1:15 PM Central Standard Time
Where: CC23 A
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
2233 S. Martin L. King Drive
Chicago, IL  60616

Phone conference information:

Agenda:
Updates and Upcoming Events:

Internet2/New World Symphony Performance and Master Class Production Workshop -- January 28-30, 2007. Contact:  Ann Doyle, or Tom Snook,

Call for participation with MAGPI and The Philadelphia Orchestra.  April 29, 2007 2:00 p.m. EST performance broadcast across Internet2 and Geant2 from Kimmel Center in Philadelphia.  Preferably, would like 4-5 locations in the U.S. and 1-2 sites in Europe.  Will use DVTS with multicast.  Contact: Greg Palmer,

Call for participation:  Cleveland Ingenuity Festival 2007.   Contact:  Tom Knab,
Manhattan Connects: An Internet2 Day for New York’s Cultural Institutions, Wednesday, February 28th, 2007 2:00 – 6:00 PM, EST.  Manhattan School of Music.  Sponsors: Manhattan School of Music, NYSERNet, Internet2, and Columbia University.  Contact: Christianne Orto, or Sharon Akkoul,

Direction setting/brainstorming/opportunities arising:

Best practices document for collaborative presentations, master classes, workshops, coaching -- revisit.

Index or directory of interests (build a list of interested campuses, technical capabilities etc.)

European collaborators:  UKERNA (United Kingdom), Renater (France), HEAnet (Ireland), RHnet (Iceland).

Updates from committee members:

--
Ann Doyle, Arts & Humanities Initiatives
Internet2

office: +1 734-352-7011

The Fall 2006 Internet2 Member Meeting:
Because the best way to predict the future is to keep inventing it.
http://events.internet2.edu/2006/fall-mm/

  • Performing Arts Advisory Group Meeting, Ann Doyle, 11/29/2006