Sympa Menu

performance-node-users - [perf-node-users] The value/meaning of "self-tests"

Subject: Internet2 Performance Node Discussion List

[perf-node-users] The value/meaning of "self-tests"

  • From: Alan Whinery <>
  • To: Performance Node Users <>
  • Subject: [perf-node-users] The value/meaning of "self-tests"
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 09:17:56 -1000

This is one of those questions that's always in the back of my mind --

What is the value of, or meaning of, for example, an iperf test to self?

Like:

iperf -s &
iperf -c 127.0.0.1

Or nuttcp, etc...

Do they provide any coherent diagnostic info?

The Toolkit sets up "self-tests" as soon as you instantiate one other
test (I believe), so someone sees value in it, apparently.

Kind of makes me want to walk though the LS-listed nodes and make a
table of available results.

-Alan

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.

Top of Page