owamp-announce - Announce: owamp 3.1a Release Candidate 1

owamp-announce@internet2.edu

Subject: OWAMP Announcements

Announce: owamp 3.1a Release Candidate 1

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: , ,
  • Subject: Announce: owamp 3.1a Release Candidate 1
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:02:01 -0400

We have made a new release of owamp available at:

http://e2epi.internet2.edu/owamp/download/owamp-3.1a_rc1.tar.gz

To compile the software, you'll need to download and install the I2util package. You can get that package at:

http://e2epi.internet2.edu/owamp/download/I2util-1.01.tar.gz

You can download OWAMP RPMs for RHEL4 and RHEL5 at:

http://e2epi.internet2.edu/owamp/download/owamp-server-3.1a_rc1-1.i386.rpm
http://e2epi.internet2.edu/owamp/download/owamp-client-3.1a_rc1-1.i386.rpm

This is a beta-test version, and is not recommended for general use yet. However, we're hoping that with some testing in the community this can be improved quickly and a production quality release can happen soon.

Changes since 3.0c include:

* Powstream can now work in both sender and receiver modes
* Some protocol conformance fixes
* Allow a client to fetch incomplete data from the server
* A number of minor bugfixes

More information on OWAMP can be found from http://e2epi.internet2.edu/owamp/

I would like invite anyone who is interested in installing/testing owamp to join the owamp-users email list. This is the main avenue to ask questions and to report any problems or feature requests. You can subscribe or change your subscription options for this list at:

https://mail.internet2.edu/wws/info/owamp-users

Cheers,
Aaron

  • Announce: owamp 3.1a Release Candidate 1, Aaron Brown, 09/02/2008