ntacpeering - NANOG 83 Deeper Peering Presentation

Subject: NTAC Peering Working Group

NANOG 83 Deeper Peering Presentation

  • From: David Farmer <>
  • To:
  • Subject: NANOG 83 Deeper Peering Presentation
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 15:26:14 -0600
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mta-p7.oit.umn.edu 4Htzdg1TcYz9xZ2W
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mta-p7.oit.umn.edu 4Htzdg1TcYz9xZ2W

Here is the Deeper Peering Presentation I mentioned on the NTAC Peering & Routing call today

Video: https://youtu.be/zxMm08IoqxM

Full Abstract:
Changing Internet landscapes should cause us to rethink our interconnection landscape as well. Instead of relying on the existing interconnectivity footprint, we need to match interconnectivity to our customers' demands. After internal study and canvassing the environment, Lumen will begin requiring deeper interconnects with its peering partners next year, which will ultimately help everyone connected to the internet achieve lower latency.

Guy Tal: Guy Tal has worked in Network Operations, Engineering, Architecture, Planning and Product Management for nearly 25 years at ISPs, NSPs, CSPs, DCs and software companies. His work experience gives Guy a complete and unique perspective of the internet landscape, which has allowed him to give dozens of presentations and moderate and sit on nearly as many panels at various conferences around the world on topics such as peering, network troubleshooting, DNS and various training modules. Guy currently works at Lumen Technologies as a senior director on the CDN team and is responsible for Lumen's global peering strategy.

David Farmer
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE        Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952

  • NANOG 83 Deeper Peering Presentation, David Farmer, 11/16/2021