ntacpeering - Re: [NTAC] Critical DNS Infrastructure

Subject: NTAC Peering Working Group

Re: [NTAC] Critical DNS Infrastructure

  • From: John Kristoff <>
  • To: David Farmer <>
  • Cc: NTAC <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [NTAC] Critical DNS Infrastructure
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 09:00:24 -0600

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 22:21:06 +0000
David Farmer <> wrote:

> What is our goal for the R&E network regarding DNS Infrastructure?

I don't really understand why this is becoming such a big deal or even
a question worth asking. Where is this coming from? Why DNS? My view
of this may be different, but I don't easily separate the Internet2 R&E
network from other connections we have. It is just another path, a
nice one, to a subset of reachable IP addresses.

> Suggested Todo list;

* Come up with well defined research questions and try to answer them.

Not to be completely down on this work, but these seem like potentially
interesting research questions here. Seems like the research has been
largely anecdotal and conjecture so far however.

John