ntacpeering - Amazon IP ranges

Subject: NTAC Peering Working Group

Amazon IP ranges

  • From: David Farmer <>
  • To: NTAC Peering and Routing WG <>
  • Cc: David Farmer <>
  • Subject: Amazon IP ranges
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 15:07:06 -0500

Hi from Montreal and NANOG/ARIN,

I was at the DNS-OARC Fall 2015 conference over the weekend;

https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/24/

At the mic in one of the Q&A sessions an Amazon guy mentioned that they had a json file with descriptions for all the IP ranges they advertise. I though others would find it interesting and/or useful in optimizing their peering policies with I2 R&E, TR-CPS, and maybe Amazon as well.

I would really appreciate it if someone would use this to validate, and optimize if necessary, both the I2 R&E and TR-CPS backbone peering policies for Amazon. Standard closest exit, may not be the most optimal routing policy and Amazon is important enough for all of us to do this extra level of work.

Thanks.