ntacpeering - Re: NTAC Peering call, 1/19/10, 4:00 EST

Subject: NTAC Peering Working Group

Re: NTAC Peering call, 1/19/10, 4:00 EST

  • From: Jeff Bartig <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: NTAC Peering call, 1/19/10, 4:00 EST
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:23:35 -0600

Peering WG,

The text below was discussed on the call today. There was general
agreement that the text sufficiently described the proposed work.
There were two clarifications given:

1. Audience: The audience for the text is the CPS connectors.
Internet2 is planning on sending the announcement out to the
operational lists they generally use to notify connector NOCs of
upcoming changes/outages. Connectors are encouraged to forward the
message onto downstream connectors that may be impacted. TransitRail
will send a similar notice to their connectors.

2. Timing: The goal is for this change to be implemented before
the end of January. The text needs to be finalized, so there can
be sufficient notice to connectors.

If you were unable to attend the call today and have feedback
about the message, please e-mail it as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeff Bartig | University of Wisconsin - Madison

| Division of Information Technology
(608) 262-8336 | Network Services/WAN Engineering/WiscNet
GTalk/AIM/Yahoo: jbartig |