ntacpeering - Proposed Architecture for a Combined CPS and TR

Subject: NTAC Peering Working Group

Proposed Architecture for a Combined CPS and TR

  • From: Jeff Bartig <>
  • To: ,
  • Cc: David Reese <>, David Sinn <>, Darrell Newcomb <>, Steven Wallace <>, Matthew Davy <>, Rob Vietzke <>, Chris Robb <>, Caren Litvanyi <>
  • Subject: Proposed Architecture for a Combined CPS and TR
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 15:56:13 -0500

NTAC and I2 Peering Working Group Members,

Attached is the final draft of a document and drawings that detail
a high-level architecture for a combined CPS/TR commercial peering
network. It is the result of work done by a small team of Internet2,
CENIC/TR, and GRNOC staff over the last year. I participated on
the team as chair of the NTAC's Peering Working Group.

The team is seeking input on the proposal from the community. You
can provide feedback via the NTAC and peering mailing lists or to
team members directly. I am happy to pass on any feedback I receive
to the rest of the team.

This will be the primary agenda item on the next Peering Working
Group conference call. It is scheduled for Tuesday, October 20th
at 4pm ET/3pm CT/2pm MT/1pm PT.

Thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeff Bartig | University of Wisconsin - Madison

| Division of Information Technology
(608) 262-8336 | Network Services/WAN Engineering/WiscNet
GTalk/AIM/Yahoo: jbartig |

  • Proposed Architecture for a Combined CPS and TR, Jeff Bartig, 10/06/2009