ntac-networkautomation - Network Automation SIG

Subject: NTAC Network Automation Working Group

Network Automation SIG

  • From: "Seesink, Frank" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Network Automation SIG
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 18:41:37 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=unc.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=unc.edu; dkim=pass header.d=unc.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=rURpTrHbPXr9fyZL1OKLBP5eVQE30t3G0nnJeRFCc74=; b=Eh7KINDO78Jg3vCqby7i174LcFiAA0wOsD7b8w3dHwUO959cDZL0aUWM1pJ0wKtyn+iP9kGtuKDLPbGIyesKXD+rndHr64t8cE7MmFaPmR841fIy9lZ0RcV7bSCRMY0rBunDCdgZk6+NTNr5yvfQm5p/1ePtBh8URfMyyxveWoXt2iLbrKilL+yIlT41kYqQcptS4PAf1EiLSuwoQvy/gQlK8k2cuFH6BSRw6fw7ls9XsyhvYG8zy8J3uNuhMCMDtPcSfKa4E7+fW5QoN6hZOwVXR4j0QIvcv8VYgQDsCvRJhOpv2+8KxmZlEyiK+3XO43CYbpjgEZgyXodn6GA3TQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=YBPJvffMKUjg1yu13UmJaNHz7BbxAxQs4/nr3uN60v4LkK0MmYMttIRUEYAY5/7aiy7ndF6LXQqNWUklSTCF+f1A3yJyqrheMtIQV28Gerls88oGGnxCGrV+WZR0+o5S/5wrcUywaF53BY/OORqh8zLCROIz/IADGmnrDI8ZXF5v6cvqXQLEMutVWM0th//mkndNXBYqKiOrcD330KlKiq2Ns+YVQ3MxTsG97hqQVWQUfgJwz84kkpRglCZawhcpIrprpzhxRVvf1MUz8EhL5jdqyu87UeM0A4ktsG/o74CJwoM6qsrs9DXmmoj9PwpKlkxV0QhD8r1r6tTUi9O0NA==

[Cross-posting both here on the mailing list and on the Internet2 Slack workspace #i2-network-automation channel.  Admittedly, I spend more time myself on Slack, and the mailing list has been rather quiet.  But wanted to get this out as wide as possible.
And FYI:  If you are not yet part of the Slack channel but wish to be, please contact Linda Roos or let me know and I’ll make sure someone adds you.]

In an attempt to try and build a community, I have two questions:
  1. Would the folks here be interested in having a monthly meeting via Zoom?  This could provide an opportunity to raise/discuss topics of interest around network automation, to ask questions or show what you’ve been up to, etc.  Think similar to other monthly calls such as the NTAC call, the Peering & Routing group call, or the IPv6 group call.
  2. If the answer to #1 is yes, do you have a preferred day of the week and/or time?
For example, currently I have several Internet2 monthly calls on my calendar, including
  • the NGI Software/Automation call (1st Tuesday of the month @ 1:PM Eastern)
  • the NTAC monthly call (1st Tuesday of the month @ 4:PM Eastern)
  • the I2 NTAC Performance WG call (2nd Tuesday of the month @ 2:PM Eastern)
  • the I2 NTAC Peering & Routing WG call (3rd Tuesday of the month @ 4:PM Eastern)
  • the I2 NTAC IPv6 WG call (3rd Thursday of the month @ 3:PM Eastern)
Of course, I have no idea what other monthly meetings exist, so I’m working with partial info.  But I am trying to avoid overloading anyone with too many calls on a given day.  So if folks are interested, and trying to follow the pattern, some possible times might include
  • 1st Thursday of the month @ 3:PM Eastern
  • 2nd Tuesday of the month @ 4:PM Eastern

But honestly, whatever works for the collective.  Anyway, would love to hear thoughts/feedback.

I have been chatting with Linda Roos, and I2 can help get the ball rolling, along with possibly putting up a more public-facing site/page so that others can find their way here.  (One thing brought up at the I2 TechEX Networkers BoF was that some folks did not know that this mailing list/Slack channel even existed.  So hoping to put up something that folks might be able to find should they go looking.)

Frank Seesink
Senior Network Engineer
ITS Networking
UNC-Chapel Hill | ITS Franklin, Office 1006
+1 919.445.0844

  • Network Automation SIG, Seesink, Frank, 12/19/2022