npw20-04 - [npw20-04] CANCELED: Network Performing Arts Production Workshop 2020

Subject: 2020 Network Performing Arts Production Workshop

[npw20-04] CANCELED: Network Performing Arts Production Workshop 2020

  • From: Ann Doyle <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [npw20-04] CANCELED: Network Performing Arts Production Workshop 2020
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 13:02:33 +0000

Dear colleagues,

In light of the current circumstances related to the rapidly evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, our host for the 2020 Network Performing Arts Production Workshop (NPAPW), has issued a cancellation of all events of 50 or more.  Given the uncertain timeframe for containment, the difficult decision has been made to cancel the upcoming NPAPW workshop, 21-23 April 2020, with full support from Internet2, GÉANT, NYSERNet, and the 2020 NPAPW Program Committee.

It is our hope that, by making this decision, we are part of the solution in controlling the COVID-19 outbreak, rather than asking attendees to risk travel and exposure.   Given the unique expertise of the advanced networked performing arts community, the program committee is exploring options for sharing content, updates, and exciting case studies in a virtual environment to keep the community engaged.   We are also exploring the location and cadence of future meetings and will communicate those decisions soon.

Internet2 will issue refunds of conference registration fees and will contact registered attendees separately with information on the refund process.   If you have booked your hotel using the links to the NPAPW room block, room reservations can be canceled without penalty (up to 24 hours prior to arrival for the Best Western Hotel, and 48 hours for the Courtyard Marriott).

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.    Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with questions or concerns.

Best regards.    - Ann

Ann Doyle

Community Engagement Manager

Higher Education and Cultural Programs

Internet2

+1.734.352.7011

  • [npw20-04] CANCELED: Network Performing Arts Production Workshop 2020, Ann Doyle, 03/12/2020