npapw-questions - Re: [npapw-questions] JamKazam audio codecs

Subject: NPAPW Webinar Questions

Re: [npapw-questions] JamKazam audio codecs

  • From: David Spencer <>
  • To: Claudio Allocchio <>
  • Cc: Justin Trieger <>, Dan Nichols <>, Dan Nichols <>
  • Subject: Re: [npapw-questions] JamKazam audio codecs
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 13:30:29 -0500

Hi Claudio,
Funny you ask this because I just received this yesterday from JamKazam…anyway, I can’t answer your questions specifically but I can say that I have had a little trouble trying to use it because it will not recognize my camera on the Mac and this is a known issue apparently….

JamKazam Logo

Hello JamKazammers –

A number of new users have asked if we are still here, and if the company and the service are still operational. The answer to all of these questions is yes.

To be clear, we are necessarily working on JamKazam part-time at this point. We are short on capital/cash. And we are very overwhelmed by the surge in the use of JamKazam, so we cannot provide 1:1 tech support. Please refer to this forum article for a help index of tutorial videos: https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=69&pid=171#pid171. Sadly, we lost our more detailed help documentation when Desk.com went away, so please try to help each other as much as you can as a community in the forum.

Meanwhile, we are continuing to support and further develop JamKazam. Recently, we have fixed a number of video issues and other bugs that have cropped up in the service and have increased our server capacity to try to keep up with the surge in demand.

We are also working on a couple of larger enhancements:

  • Live Concert Broadcasts – We’ve built a new feature set that will enable bands to live broadcast group performances through YouTube Live and Facebook Live. We’ve also integrated this feature with Eventbrite ticketing, so that bands can sell tickets to their fans/audience for these events if desired. This feature is getting close to release, and we’ll announce this when ready. It is our hope that this feature can help bands generate income from performances while continuing to practice social distancing. If your band is playing together successfully on JamKazam, drop us an email at  if you’d like to be an early adopter of this new concert broadcast service.
  • Internet Latency Reductions – We are also working on something that has been on our drawing board for years now – a networking service that will actually reduce the Internet latency between the musicians in a session. We have run tests that prove we can do this, and we are building the technology to do it now. We don’t have the capital to deploy the servers and purchase the bandwidth to support this feature at this time, but we are hopeful that we can find a way to pull off the financial part of the puzzle somehow. The latency reductions that are possible are very significant and can make a tremendous difference in online sessions.

We’d like to thank everyone for your patience as we do our best to continue to support and improve JamKazam under adverse conditions. We have considered whether to ask for financial help from our users via a GoFundMe or other mechanism, as we are definitely short of cash in addition to time. We know it’s a bad time to ask for help, so honestly not sure what to do about this.

Hope everyone is safe and well out there.

Best Regards,
Team JamKazam