netsec-sig - [netsec-sig] June update and other things

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

[netsec-sig] June update and other things

  • From: Adair Thaxton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [netsec-sig] June update and other things
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 10:10:32 -0400

Here is June's update! https://internet2.edu/security-scene-june-2021-edition/

I've been asked to share a few other things, as well.

We have three upcoming Community Voices sessions.

* July 1: Science Gateways: Sustaining Integrated Solutions for Accelerating Science (https://internet2.edu/upcoming-events/i2-online/#july)
* July 30: The UCLA Health Sciences HIPAA-Compliant Cloud Journey for Academic Research (https://internet2.edu/upcoming-events/i2-online/#july)
* August 12: Network Routing at Scale (https://internet2.edu/i2-online/#august)

If you're not familiar with Community Voices, you can find more info here (https://internet2.edu/internet2-community-voices-series/). We also encourage you to submit proposals for Community Voices sessions that you think would be interesting! https://internet2.edu/internet2-community-voices-series/#call

Also, as we try to get back into the swing of events and happy fun time, the events team has created a survey with a chance for priiiiiiiiizes!

Internet2 is not planning large in-person events for 2021 but we would like to assess where the community stands on attending in-person events for 2022 to best meet your needs and expectations when it comes to convening. To help us shape our future convening efforts, and to ensure our community continues to engage in discussions and share expertise, we are seeking your input.

Please complete this short 5-minute survey now: https://www2.internet2.edu/l/66332/2021-06-24/dq6g1r

We appreciate your time and feedback. To thank you for completing the survey, we will be selecting (5) survey submitters, at random, to win a $100 Visa gift card. To be included in the drawing, please be sure to include your name & email at the end of the survey. Winners of the gift card will be notified directly, and all survey responses are anonymous.

Please contact if you have any questions or concerns.

See full events listing on Internet2 website: https://www2.internet2.edu/l/66332/2021-05-17/dd7qyl

Adair

  • [netsec-sig] June update and other things, Adair Thaxton, 06/25/2021