netsec-sig - [Security-WG] A change to the working group

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

[Security-WG] A change to the working group

  • From: Adair Thaxton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Security-WG] A change to the working group
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 10:25:26 -0400

Hello, security folks! The Internet2 NTAC committee has given some guidance about the future of existing working groups, which affects us. A working group should be time-limited, and have a set goal to achieve. Under this definition, we've really been a Special Interest Group. Practically, this shouldn't change things for us. Paul and I plan to rename the listserv and Slack channel to reflect this. Michael has said he can stay on as the community chair, and I'll be around as well.

While we're updating the name of this group, Paul and I discussed making it a bit more specific. The EDUCAUSE security list is an excellent resource for many campus-based security issues, while we focus on specifically network security issues. As a result, we've decided to go with "" for the listserv, and "i2-netsec-sig" for our Slack channel. If you'd like to be added to our Slack channel, please email Linda Roos ().

If our discussions raise issues that warrant a working group in the future, we'll be quite happy to create that as a means to achieve that goal and provide whatever support and input you need from Internet2. Just let us know!

Adair

  • [Security-WG] A change to the working group, Adair Thaxton, 05/07/2021