netsec-sig - [Security-WG] September update

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

[Security-WG] September update

  • From: Adair Thaxton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Security-WG] September update
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 13:49:51 -0400

Sorry for the late update this month - my content approvers were on vacation, those lucky ducks! https://www.internet2.edu/news/detail/17963/

This update includes another survey link. Last month's survey revealed:

* 100% of respondents wanted monthly surveys
* I asked what respondents would change in their environments, if they had a magic wand.
* Stop treating the research environment like it's a healthcare environment.
* Systems thinking and the ability to comprehend abstraction
* Require VPN to access anything that isn't a website.
* Network segmentation based on user + device
* I asked what was something interesting about the respondents. My favorite answer was "My writing is more legible when it's done upside down and backwards." I'm capable of writing upside down, personally, but it's definitely not more legible!

Adair

  • [Security-WG] September update, Adair Thaxton, 09/08/2020