netsec-sig - Re: [Security-WG] March update!

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

Re: [Security-WG] March update!

  • From: John Kristoff <>
  • To: Adair Thaxton <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Security-WG] March update!
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 13:35:24 -0600

On Tue, 3 Mar 2020 19:22:47 +0000
Adair Thaxton <> wrote:

> This month's link in the category of "things that may interest only me"
> is that corp.com is up for sale, and that could be bad.

But I doubt it. Maybe anecdotal and I realize we are not a
corporation, but we have quite a few queries from thousands of hosts
hitting our resolvers that we log. Number of queries for a corp.com
name today? A big fat zero. Don't do it Microsoft. Or let him show
the proof of real, dangerous amounts of query volume first. I doubt he
can.

John