netsec-sig - Re: [Security-WG] [NTAC] Based on community input, suggesting an DNS Resilience Initiative

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

Re: [Security-WG] [NTAC] Based on community input, suggesting an DNS Resilience Initiative

  • From: Karl Reuss <>
  • To: "O'Brien, John W" <>, John Kristoff <>, Steve Wallace <>
  • Cc: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Security-WG] [NTAC] Based on community input, suggesting an DNS Resilience Initiative
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 15:17:41 -0500

Maybe tedious isn't the right word.   Overwhelming?    I just run a very
unscientific test with a few scripts.   I looked at all speakers for the
upcoming TechEX and grepped for 'University'.  I found 42 corresponding .edu
DNS names, but only three of them have DS records.  upenn.edu is one of the
few.  Something is slowing the adoption of DNSSEC in higher-ed.

-Karl