netsec-sig - Re: [Security-WG] Call for topics

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

Re: [Security-WG] Call for topics

  • From: Adair Thaxton <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Security-WG] Call for topics
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 17:22:29 +0000

How about these, too...

* Discussion of campus password policies - what are your complexity
rules, and how often do they need to be changed? What about service
accounts?

* How your campus is handling ransomware - are you paying or not paying?
How has it affected your backup strategies?

* How your campus handles emails "from the CIO" asking for money transfers

* Have you patched Splunk for the date bug?

* What's your campus's biggest security annoyance right now? What are
your most notable recent observations about your attack surface?

Our working group meeting is on Wednesday at 12:30 in Napoleon D2 -
there will be food nearby outside D3/D4, if I remember correctly!
https://meetings.internet2.edu/2019-technology-exchange/detail/10005597/