netsec-sig - [Security-WG] September update

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

[Security-WG] September update

  • From: Adair Thaxton <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Security-WG] September update
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 18:43:31 +0000

Happy September!  Proposals for Global Summit are due WEDNESDAY.  This
Wednesday!  Very, very soon!

Thanks to Brian Pullin, we have completed the rollout of the
RFC1918+Bogons filters.  We continue to work on BGP Flowspec tools and
on Route Origin Validation.

If you missed it - we now support IPv6 RTBH filtering for announcements
and discards.  See https://www.internet2.edu/blogs/detail/17292 for more
info.

We hope you've been able to attend our sessions on IRR Registration, as
this is going to become very important in the next month.  If you have
questions (and we know you do!), we're holding IRR Office Hours every
Wednesday at 3pm, at this recurring Zoom link:
https://internet2.zoom.us/j/425739300  Further questions can go in the
IRR Working Group Slack channel, accessed by emailing Linda Roos.

This month's FYI link:
https://unit42.paloaltonetworks.com/newly-registered-domains-malicious-abuse-by-bad-actors/

Adair

  • [Security-WG] September update, Adair Thaxton, 09/03/2019