netsec-sig - Re: [Security-WG] [External] July update!

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

Re: [Security-WG] [External] July update!

  • From: Steven Wallace <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: [Security-WG] [External] July update!
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2019 15:33:50 -0400

Speaking of....short, but interesting and related article in wire:

https://www.wired.com/story/bgp-route-leak-internet-outage/

On 7/1/19, 2:45 PM, "Adair Thaxton" < on
behalf of > wrote:

This message was sent from a non-IU address. Please exercise caution when
clicking links or opening attachments from external sources.
-------

Big thanks to Jacob Farmer, Harry Hoffman, Ryan Martin, Michael
Williams, Jose Dominguez, Jeff Collyer, Jesse Bowling, Doug Pearson, and
Susan Evett for helping us select a great track of sessions for TechEx!
Susan and I are going to work on the scheduling next.

We have recently seen an issue where one of our major peers is blocking
Internet2 customer routes without a valid AS-SET object registered in an
IRR, causing traffic to this peer to take a commodity route instead of
the Internet2 route. Google has said they will be making a similar
change in September. As such, IRR registration for our members is a
priority for us! You can register in ARIN's IRR or with RADB. Please
look for more information coming on this soon.

We're still accepting applications for our two open security positions:

DevOps Engineer:

https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=86f9419e-52c4-4ffd-80f8-cfbda5ad990e&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=282851&lang=en_US&source=CC4

Senior Security Architect:

https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=86f9419e-52c4-4ffd-80f8-cfbda5ad990e&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=282464&lang=en_US&source=CC4