netsec-sig - [Security-WG] June update!

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

[Security-WG] June update!

  • From: Adair Thaxton <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Security-WG] June update!
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 14:32:56 +0000

Well, TechEx proposals are all in (thank you!) and that, of course,
means that Global Summit proposals are up next!  We had more proposals
this year than any other year, which is amazing.  The program team is in
the process of reviewing the submissions.

We are currently working on setting up RPKI webinars for the community,
in conjunction with ARIN - likely one pre-ROA-creation and one for the
ROA creation itself - and will send out more information on those when
we have it.

We have created a Slack channel on Internet2's Slack for the working
group.  If you're interested in joining, please reply to me
() or Linda () for an invite.

The Internet2 security group is currently recruiting for two positions.

DevOps Engineer:
https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=86f9419e-52c4-4ffd-80f8-cfbda5ad990e&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=282851&lang=en_US&source=CC4

Senior Security Architect:
https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=86f9419e-52c4-4ffd-80f8-cfbda5ad990e&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=282464&lang=en_US&source=CC4

Your FYI link this month isn't really a security link, but has to do
with networking and research, so I thought it was pretty neat.
https://www.teslarati.com/spacex-starlink-satellites-spark-fights/

Adair

  • [Security-WG] June update!, Adair Thaxton, 06/04/2019