netsec-sig - Re: [Security-WG] NIST DRAFT Guidance on BGP Robustness and DDoS Mitigation - Review and comment requested.

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

Re: [Security-WG] NIST DRAFT Guidance on BGP Robustness and DDoS Mitigation - Review and comment requested.

  • From: John Kristoff <>
  • To: Brad Fleming <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Security-WG] NIST DRAFT Guidance on BGP Robustness and DDoS Mitigation - Review and comment requested.
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 15:44:18 -0600

On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 21:37:10 +0000
Brad Fleming <> wrote:

> Reading through this document reminded me I’ve not heard anything
> from Juniper or Cisco on their timelines or plans for BGPsec / BGP
> Path Validation support. I just pinged our sales team but I’m
> wondering if anyone else has asked and received an answer recently.

I'm told it is either very far away or dead, each from a reputable
source (from those involved in the standards, not vendors). Common
denominator suggests not holding your breath. This work in progress may
be the new cool thing for the time being:

<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-azimov-sidrops-aspa-verification-01>

John