netsec-sig - [Security-WG] I2 - Global Summitt MANRS workshop volunteers?

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

[Security-WG] I2 - Global Summitt MANRS workshop volunteers?

  • From: gcbrowni <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Security-WG] I2 - Global Summitt MANRS workshop volunteers?
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 10:37:25 -0500
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Saluton!

We’re scheduled to have a MANRS tutorial/workshop at the next Global Summit on Tuesday afternoon. This time around we thought we would get down in the weeds and do demonstrations of the actual live work of the various parts of MANRs. Essentially, demo’s of people doing the actual work in the IRR, PeeringDB, etc. Afterwards, we would hang out for a bit as a resource for attendees who want to do the work right then, but would like some experts around. While not the best fit for GS, we’re looking at this as a dry run for the Tech Ex 19 workshop/tutorial.

We’re looking for someone from the community to lead each of the four sections. You’d take a look at the MANRs docs and walk folks through an actual live registration, etc. The only except would be the uRPF portion, where we would ask that some get in to the weeds with the SPECIFIC issues encountered when configuring on campus, as well as the specific solutions.

Working off of the docs at: https://www.manrs.org/isps/bcop/ and https://www.manrs.org/isps/guide/summary/ , we’d be looking for a community volunteer for each of the following areas. I listed some examples next to each area, to give you an idea of the type of work.

Anyone want to volunteer for a specific section?

*) Coordination
*) PeeringDB
*) RIR/RADB, POC, NOC, ASN, IP
*) Global Validation