netsec-sig - Re: [Security-WG] Fwd: [arin-announce] New RPKI Trust Anchor

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

Re: [Security-WG] Fwd: [arin-announce] New RPKI Trust Anchor

  • From: David Farmer <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Security-WG] Fwd: [arin-announce] New RPKI Trust Anchor
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 16:17:29 -0500
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

I believe this is at least partially resolved, there is no longer a click-through where you have to explicitly agree to ARIN's Relying Party Agreement.  However, by using the TAL you are implicitly agreeing to ARIN's Relying Party Agreement.  Note: By using the other RIR's TALs you are implicitly agreeing to very similar language embedded within their certificates as well.  ARIN simply makes it's legal documents much more conspicuous than the other RIRs, but don't be fooled in to believing the other RIRs don't have applicable legal documents too, just like everything else relying on certificates, remember fundamentally a certificate is an attestation.

ARIN RPKI pointers;

Links directly to the TAL in various formats are available on the last page without any explicit click through agreement, like there was previously.

Hope that helps.