netsec-sig - [Security-WG] results anti-spoofing survey....

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

[Security-WG] results anti-spoofing survey....

  • From: Steven Wallace <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Security-WG] results anti-spoofing survey....
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 11:39:49 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:UyxbWhBjz3lYfdXOW/CJUyQJP3N1i/DPJgcQr6AfoPdwSP3zpsbcNUDSrc9gkEXOFd2Crakb26yL6Ou5BCQp2tWojjMrSNR0TRgLiMEbzUQLIfWuLgnFFsPsdDEwB89YVVVorDmROElRH9viNRWJ+iXhpRMMFw/ANQtpK6GwM8aSyp3vj6Hhs6HUNh5FjyenYK9jaQq5hQTXqsQMh4Z+cOA8xgaajGFPfrFt2W52KFTboB/44s678dY36D9Pk/M8scNMTPOpLOwDUbVEAWF+YCgO78rxuEyGFFPX6w==

Thanks to all that were able to respond to the anti-spoofing survey. Attached
is the survey results. Reviewing the details of individual responses (which
won’t be shared), it appears that all or nearly all RONs prevent spoofed
addresses from propagating to their upstream providers. Campus are less
consistent, and would appreciate some assistance.

I’d like to suggest that a couple/few members of the community conduct a
technical webinar (including router configurations), so that our best
practices can be more effectively shared. If there’s interest, I can
coordinate.

steve

  • [Security-WG] results anti-spoofing survey...., Steven Wallace, 10/10/2016