netsec-sig - [Security-WG] Scheduled NTAC Security WG Call July 16

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

[Security-WG] Scheduled NTAC Security WG Call July 16

  • From: Paul Howell <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Security-WG] Scheduled NTAC Security WG Call July 16
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 15:50:23 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Bn1pr08mb185: X-MS-Exchange-Organization-RulesExecuted

Hello,

On behalf of the security working group, I¹d like to announce that we have
a conference call scheduled for this Thursday, July 16 at 2pm EDT.

Please call 1-734-615-7474 with the access code 0175904

The agenda for our meeting is:

1. Agenda bash
2. Share Charter and solicit input
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x6RK6bXJIQ2sSghIHl-D5TLwY-zEFTtkF0NeUed
cNCI/edit?usp=sharing
3. Identify missing stakeholders (i.e., should we be actively including
others such as the REN-ISAC)
4. Discuss logistics (meeting frequency, times, etc.)
5. Share interesting coming events (workshops, etc.)
6. Arrange for access to wiki
7. Suggest initial project: Focus on DDoS mitigation (example tasks on the
project, to be discussed during initial meeting):
1. gather and share current practices and unmet needs
2. based on input, decide on an initial focus (e.g., scrubbing service)
3. members send commercial contacts, experience, etc., concerning the
initial focus
4. schedule webinars for vendors that offer such services
5. explore the potential for leveraging the I2 network and Net+ to
offer the service
6. summarize findings and future direction in a white paper

8. Next steps

Please send regrets to me.

Talk with you Thursday.

Regards.
Paul Howell
Chief Cyberinfrastructure Security Officer
Internet2
100 Phoenix Drive
Suite 111
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
(o) 734-352-4212

  • [Security-WG] Scheduled NTAC Security WG Call July 16, Paul Howell, 07/13/2015