ndt-users - Release Candidate for NDT 3.7.0

Subject: ndt-users list created

Release Candidate for NDT 3.7.0

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Release Candidate for NDT 3.7.0
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 20:23:47 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi All,

Due to recurring performance issues we've encountered with the flash client,
we have decided to remove it, and go forward with a pure Javascript (i.e.
WebSockets-based) client in its place. The Javascript client is still in
testing, and depends on good WebSockets performance from the web browser. In
the early testing we’ve done, Firefox, Safari and Chrome all work for 100M
connections. Chrome and Safari can do >100M, but so far the performance seems
to be limited to than ~400M.

Among other things, version 3.7.0 will include:
- A java client that works with Java 8
- A WebSockets-based client
- A new web GUI
- Support for using Apache instead of ‘fakewww'

This is a beta-test version, and is not recommended for general use yet.
However, we're hoping that, with some testing in the community, this can be
improved quickly and a production release can happen relatively soon. We're
especially interested in feedback on how easy it is to use the various new
tools, and features.

Tarball:
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/ndt-3.7.0-5.1.el6.x86_64/ndt-3.7.0-rc4.tar.gz

RH6/x86:
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/ndt-3.7.0-5.1.el6.x86_64/ndt-client-3.7.0-5.1.el6.i686.rpm
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/ndt-3.7.0-5.1.el6.x86_64/ndt-server-3.7.0-5.1.el6.i686.rpm
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/ndt-3.7.0-5.1.el6.x86_64/ndt-server-apache-3.7.0-5.1.el6.i686.rpm
(only needed to use Apache instead of fakewww)

RH6/x86-64:
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/ndt-3.7.0-5.1.el6.x86_64/ndt-client-3.7.0-5.1.el6.x86_64.rpm
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/ndt-3.7.0-5.1.el6.x86_64/ndt-server-3.7.0-5.1.el6.x86_64.rpm
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/ndt-3.7.0-5.1.el6.x86_64/ndt-server-apache-3.7.0-5.1.el6.x86_64.rpm
(only needed to use Apache instead of fakewww)

SRPM:
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/ndt-3.7.0-5.1.el6.x86_64/ndt-3.7.0-5.1.el6.src.rpm

Cheers,
Aaron