ndt-users - Re: low estimate for downlink on 80/20MBps line

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: low estimate for downlink on 80/20MBps line

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: low estimate for downlink on 80/20MBps line
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:52:00 -0400

Hi Bogdan,

Given the very low speed of the tests, NDT should be able to handle that. How long are the speedtest.net, and wget downloads? If they're more than 10 seconds, I could maybe see that accounting for the speed difference if the link has some loss. In all three cases, the download test is going to be the same thing, a loop of reads off a TCP socket, so I can't imagine there'd be too much variance in how that's implemented.

Cheers,
Aaron