ndt-users - Using NDT with 10 gigabit interfaces

Subject: ndt-users list created

Using NDT with 10 gigabit interfaces

  • From: Nat Stoddard <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Using NDT with 10 gigabit interfaces
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:12:06 -0800

Dear members:

I thought I would try again to find an answer to this since I noticed recent messages related to NDT on 10 gig devices:

I have tried several approaches to use NDT on a server with a 10 gigabit
interface. I wonder if there are any limitations on the server to client
tests using either web100clt or the Java client. I have not been able to get more than around 2.6 gigs
server-to-client. The client-to-server test can go over 9 gigs even without
extensive tuning. On the same server, I can get over 9 gigs in each direction
to a neighbor server using iperf tests.

Are there any tips on running NDT on a 10gig capable server?

Thanks,
Nat Stoddard