ndt-users - CPE freeze cases

Subject: ndt-users list created

CPE freeze cases

  • From: Athanasios Douitsis <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: CPE freeze cases
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:02:59 +0200

Hi all,

I am writing on behalf of the team developing broadbandtest.eett.gr. As you probably know, we are using a customized NDT applet that uses the mlab servers in Greece to help users throughout the country measure the quality of their broadband connections.

A very strange thing we have noticed is that a very small number of users (2 or 3 actually) have reported that using the applet renders their broadband connection inoperative, meaning that they invariably have to reboot their CPE to gain connectivity again. Now, we as a team have not been able to reproduce the problem and, to be honest, we have some trouble trying to imagine how using the applet could lead to a problem with the CPE. We are still trying to figure out whether this is something that involves a specific CPE brand.

What we would like to ask is whether anyone has ever seen anything even remotely similar. Goes without saying that if and when we are able to explain this problem we'll let everyone know, just in case.

Apologies for xposting on both lists, don't really know which of the two would be the most appropriate.

Kind Regards,
Athanasios Douitsis

  • CPE freeze cases, Athanasios Douitsis, 12/22/2011